Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Micarie's Wedding

I never know- facebook or blog? There are benefits to both. So this may be a repeat but with more pictures and commentary (hence the benefit of the blog).

Last week we went to Utah for Cole's sister wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and we were so glad have been able to be there. We were able to be with her as she went through the temple. Here we are at the Timpanogos Temple.


 The next day was the wedding, luncheon, and reception. Such as long day for the kids but they did so well. We were able to see so much family. Micarie and James both seemed so happy and I think they are really perfect for each other.


 I only posted the one above because James had twin aunts you can see in the top right hand corner. We had some fun "twin talk". 
Rylee's hair is now long enough where is really needs to have something done to it. Either a headband and flower/bow or ponytails. Both of which are getting harder and harder to keep in. Cole is concentrating very hard!

 At the luncheon we had very yummy food and lots of time to chat. The kids don't get to see their cousins much so they had fun bonding with them. Gage came over and read a book with Rylee which she loved.
Before the reception we had some time to kill so we went to Kelly and Damon's house (Cole's aunt and uncle) to hang out. Rylee was able to sleep for a little bit and then we took her to see the horses. She has always had a thing for animals and especially horses. They had some cars and trucks there as well so Cade was perfectly content.


 Then it was back to the reception hall. They rented a tux for Cade- cuff links and all! It was so darling. Cade's first response was "Whoa! These shoes are shiny!" We told him they were dancing shoes since we knew there would be dancing at the wedding. He definitely took the opportunity to pull some moves. He also took some time to dance with Rylee. I don't know what can get any cuter!






Bram also took his turn with Rylee. And don't be fooled- that is not Cole. It is Bram. With buzzed heads and dark suits they were getting confused all night. I had to make sure I really knew whose hand I was grabbing!


Cole and Rylee dancing.
 Cade was enthralled with the cake. He kept wanting a piece but I told him he had to wait. So then he would just want to go look at it...again.

Wonderful, wonderful wedding.

Other nonwedding events included surprising Kayla at Dancesport. I always competed in this when I was at BYU so I was beyond excited when I found it just happened to be the same weekend we were going to be there. I picked up Kayla's friends and we surprised her at one of her morning competitions. She made it to the semi-finals in the triple swing. It was so much fun to be there.





Cade got to go fishing with Daddy and Grandpa. They had a great time. Cade was the only one that caught a fish. He didn't want to hurt the fish so they threw it back in. 




Rylee is just not a fan of men. But when they are holding a kitty she thinks again. Just had to get a smiling picture of Rylee and Dusty.


And also with Bram. He has big dogs at his house where he stayed so she warmed up to him as well.



The older I get the more wimpy I get with flying. It just makes me so nervous! Plus I do get bad motion sickness so it is usually just a mess. (Not literally-I don't throw up or anything. Just a basketcase). Cole does excellent taking the kids as well as taking care of me. 



During the trip we also took some time to see other family members. I surprised Ciera at Wilson Diamonds where she works and happens to be where I got my ring. She also came and hung out with me while the boys were fishing. (I highly recommend the sweet potato tots at Sonic!) We visited my Grandma Black and my other grandparents had a cousins party. Sadly I did not take any pictures but it sure was a lot of fun. Overall a very good trip and we loved being able to spend so much time with family.

1 comment:

Kevin and Laura said...

I am in LOVE with the pictures of Cade and Rylee dancing. That is so cute!!