Sunday, September 19, 2010

Things to Remember

1) Sometimes your idea about a good family event, doesn't go over well with the kids. Over Labor Day we thought we would have some good family time and go fly a kite. It was a warm, windy, perfect day. However, the kids hated it. Cole and I made the most of it and had a good time flying our Buzz Lightyear kite.


2) Cade has remarkable word choice. About a week ago our family was coming home from an event and it was completely dark outside. Rylee was crying and Cade asked us to turn the car light on. When we asked him why, he responded with, "Rylee not like darkness". Not sure when darkNESS became part of his vocabulary.

3) Rylee looks really cute in leg warmers!

4) Touche for Cade. About 2 weeks ago, there was an outdoor "pep rally" to kick of the Kansas State football season. Manhattan closed down one of its main streets to host vendors, inflatable bounce houses, a display of vehicles (firetruck, ambulance, school bus) for kids to tour, toys for kids to play with (i.e. a black train), and a small firework show at the end. Tonight, while I was laying in bed with Cade, he got really chatty (obviously trying to avoid "sleepy time"). He asked, "What was that black train and school bus? I go inside school bus and under red car (one of the bounce-houses). What was that called?
I responded, "it was a big party."
Cade: I do that again.
Me: Well, they cleaned it all up.
Cade: Where did they go?
Me: They put it all away.
Cade persisted in this way wanting to know where they went. In frustration I finally said, "Cade it's ALL GONE." Cade thought for a minute, then said: blue sky. The blue sky is still there.
Me: Yes the sky is still there.
Cade: Road. The road still there.
Me: Yes, your right Cade. The road is still there.
Cade: And people and kids. They're still there.

Touche Mr. Cade- the blue sky, road, and people are "still there."

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love this post!!!

Matthew and Shanna said...

Haha! Cade is very clever and I also love Rylee in leg warmers!