Here is a quick update on everyone.
Cole is starting the PhD program and will stay very busy. He just came back from a conference put on by BYU about how to be competitive in his field come job time. He will be doing lots of research as well as teaching a undergraduate class, Human Development. Here he is on the first day of school (well for him. He missed the first real day while he was as the conference).
Here is a picture of Cole and I that we took ourselves after our anniversary date. We had so much fun. He had just gotten back in town so we had lots to talk about. He went to Harry's for dinner (nicest place in Manhattan so we got to dress up!) and then went somewhere else for dessert.
Cade is getting so much older. He can go to the bathroom, get dressed, get undressed, wash his hands, brush his teeth, get shoes on, and take dishes to the sink all by himself. Not that he does all the time. Or even if he does it may not be done well. But he is capable of it and that is progress. It is so nice to be able to tell him to go do something and not have to help him-especially Sunday mornings!! He loves to play with Rylee. He loves to ask questions. He loves Legos and cars. He is really good at pushing my buttons. He stole something from the store the other day and was so proud of himself for being sneaky. I would talk to him about it and he would say, "I know but I was sneaky!" and giggle with pride. He also wanted to put his hand in the fish tanks at the pet store (I know-what was I doing in a pet store) so he could eat them. He wanted to feel them wiggle in his mouth. We had just had fish for dinner the other night. Confusing huh? Overall, a very sweet boy.
Rylee is on the verge of walking. Maybe not verge but she is getting more and more gutsy. She can go from sitting to standing by herself. She is starting to cruise along furniture. She balances standing up for little bits at a time. She can walk with a fair amount of support. She loves her brother. She is getting to be a very picky eater. But you would never know it by lookin at her! She is very rolly and squishy. She loves animals which serves me right since I am not a big fan. New words she can say are car and ball. She is so sweet and overall a happy girl. These pictures are from her first visit to the zoo. She loved it.
And for me just normal mom stuff. I did get haircut-a pixie cut. Who are we kidding? Just a trim. But it was like a 4 inch trim so I am feeling like my hair is chopped to my chin. I also ran my first 10K last week. And it was a positive experience which I never thought was possible. I am doing a booth at a craft fair in November. Other than that just trying to make sure Cole does not die of stress. We are looking forward to another school year.
1 comment:
I almost had a heart attack when you said you got a pixie cut!!! You can't even imagine what I pictured in my head!!! Yay for trims---I'll bet it's cute!
Post a Comment