Thursday, May 26, 2011

Catching Up

I have so much to catch up on. So I am going to give little tid bits here and there instead of trying to recapture the entire last month or so.

In April we headed down to TX to watch Kayla perform in her spring show. She is in the same drill team as I was so I can appreciate what a big deal spring show is. Her team did an excellent job and it was a fantastic show (and a fantastic excuse to go home for a weekend!)


Cade, of course, had a blast at Mimi's house. 

This was my practice dress I made for Rylee before I started her Easter dress. And yes- that is a poof on top of her head. Had to add a little variety to the flowers.


A while ago Cade and Cole went on the father's and son's camp out. They didn't spend the night but they had some fun quality time together. Cade mostly wanted to play in the rocks. Cole showed him how to skip rocks on the water so they spent lots of time throwing rocks.  They also roasted marshmallows which Cade was really looking forward too.





I was really tired the other afternoon and I laid down on the couch and told Cade to tell me a story (something he asks for every time he goes down to bed). I thought it was so funny because as soon as I asked him he just started talking as if this story was just waiting to come out. No thinking before he spoke, no pauses, no stumbling over words. It just came. I thought it was so cute. I was so surprised how fast it came that jumped up and got a pen to start writing it down so I wouldn't forget. This was his story: 
"There was a man trapped in a spider web and the spider ate him for many days. Then he spit him out and he went to Target and there was rainclouds and thunder and I covered my ears. Then the man went home and went to bed in his bed."  
He is so funny. That day we were in Walmart and there was a pretty severe storm that day as well so that might have inspired his story. 

1 comment:

Matthew and Shanna said...

Oh my goodness I love the poof picture of Rylee! Also. Cade's story is hilarious! That was so cute of him to think up.