Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cade's Announcement

Cade has something to say...


Cade is REALLY excited to be a big brother and we are VERY excited for our little addition. I am 14 weeks along and due June 11th.

I have always heard that you start showing sooner with each baby and boy is that true!! Tummy pictures will be coming soon. The doctors here don't see you for the first time to hear the heartbeat until 12 weeks. My 12 week appointment was actually scheduled closer to being 13 weeks. She said I was measuring small and scheduled me for an ultrasound the next week. I went into the appointment sure that I was 13 weeks and that would be all they would tell me. Wow-we were in for a surprise. The tech said that I was indeed 14 weeks along and then she casually asked if we found out the gender with our first. We said yes and that we would definitely be finding out with this one. This doctors office doesn't do that appointment till 20 weeks so that is what I had prepared myself for. She then said that at 14 weeks you can tell on some women. She looked and her words were,"well I wouldn't paint a room on it but I would definitely start buying PINK clothes!" We were both shocked! For some reason we both just assumed I would have a another boy. Cole really wants a little girl. He made her check like 6 more times. She said she was 95% sure it was a girl. We had no idea when we walked into that appointment the news we would get. It was very exciting. To find out the gender 6 weeks earlier than planned is pretty exciting. Talk about an early Christmas present!

20 comments:

hailey said...

YEAH!!! Congrats! I am so excited for you! I think I feel the same way too. Whenever I talk about the next kid I always say "he". How fun. Cole will be so cute with a little girl too.

Andrea said...

Ahhh! That is SO exciting! Congratulations! And I can't believe you were able to find out the gender. Awesome!

Ratfink said...

Congrats!!!!

Debbie said...

That's awesome you guys. I'm so happy for you. And i have to say, while I don't have any experience with boys, girls are pretty fun. And buying dresses and tights and bows isn't too bad either.

Marissa Bassham said...

HOLY COW! Jenna, that is so exciting! Congratulations :)

Melissa said...

How EXCITING!!! I'm so happy for ya'll. Girls are so much fun (not that I know any different...but still) :). We found out that Cloey was a girl at 14 weeks as well. It is so fun to know so early.

Aubrey Jane said...

How wonderful!!! What a clever way to announce it, Cade is so adorable. June is a great birth month :). Congratulations Jenna, Cole and Cade!

Mandy Sue said...

Congratulations!! How very exciting! A girl will be fun!

Sarah Orme said...

THAT IS SO EXCITING! Im so happy for you guys. Wow, Michael will be so excited to hear that.

Leslie Elaine said...

Congrats!! How exciting!! Another baby and to know its a girl!! She's going to be such a Daddy's girl!

Alexi said...

YAY! I'm so excited to buy baby girl stuff! And if you want to name baby Rat after me, I'll let you ;) Looking forward to seeing belly pictures! So excited for you guys!

Karryn and Roger said...

BIG HUGE CONGRATS.....Hope you are feeling good.

All Fun Family said...

How exciting!! Congratulations!!

Tiffany said...

Wahoo! You will no doubt have an adorable little girl!

Melissa said...

Yeah for baby girls!! she is going to be so fun. Cole got his wish!!! Cade is going to be such a great big brother! Thanks for calling and letting me know about the baby. I really appreciate it.

Julia and Cody said...

Congrats!!! That is soo exciting! It's amazing what Dr's can do now. I hope things go well with you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to the Ratcliffe family! We are so excited for you.

Yeah!!

(Kelly and Valarie)

Kris and Megan said...

CONGRATS!!! i am so excited! i was hoping that was cade's announcement!

Emily said...

CONGRATS!~

Kris and Megan said...

hey jenna, would you mind telling me how to put sitemeter on my blog? i signed up, but can't see how to get the ticker on my blog... when you get a chance i'd love any tips! :) hope you have a merry christmas and are feeling great!