Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Last Two Weeks

Recognize these people?




Mom and Dad just got back from Dubai. (Part of the United Arab Emirates-Near Saudia Arabia) Don't they look awesome?! They flew to Paris and stayed there for a few days and then traveled on to Dubai. My mom's brother lives there so he and his wife were able to show them around. All their pictures and stories were amazing.

Standing in front of the only 7 star hotel in the world. Dubai is very wealthy. You can get a helicopter to shuttle you from the airport to the roof of the hotel. It is the tall sail shaped building. (Dubai also has the tallest building in the world, the largest mall in the world, and a ski resort in the center of another mall. )




Here is mom all decked out.


Riding camels.



Mom and Dad in Paris.





While they were gone I went back home to man down the house and watch Kayla and Alyssa. It was a lot of fun to spend time with them (except for the part of making sure Kayla was up for early morning seminary!) Cade loves going to Mimi's and Papa's house so he was content most of the time. One of Cade's favorite things to do was to watch Alyssa get off the yellow school bus in the afternoon. He thought that was the coolest thing. Here are some snippets of what we did.

Going to watch the high school football game and see Kayla perform during high school. She is in the same drill team and Shanna and I were in. Alexi came with us. She was also on the drill team with Shan and I, it was so much fun to see! Cade loved going to watch Kayla dance. We ended up going to two football games and a basketball game.



Us out shopping.



Cade happily playing and trying on Papa's boots.





Kayla and I after her pep rally.

It was such a fun visit, but I am glad to be reunited with Cole. Being a single parent for 2 weeks was tough. Cole posted the last post from the airplane. He also left for a conference a few days ago. So I had to come home to a lonely house :( I leave to go get him in about a 1/2 hour!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
All Fun Family said...

How fun! Kayla looks so grown up, and she looks just like you! My favorite picture of Cade is him wearing your dad's boots. What a cute little cowboy.

Melissa said...

How fun!! Looks like a great trip. Your parents looks like they had a great time also. We should've got together.

Aubrey Jane said...

It looks like your parents had a blast and it's nice that you were able to go home and help out. Cade looks so big in these pictures!

rosebud said...

I found your blog through Julia C's blog -- so cute. You have a darling family and I loved the pics of your parents... esp your mom in front of the eiffle tower. You guys are such a wonderful family!!
Rosemary
(Plano Ward)