Sunday, October 28, 2007

Royal Update!

It has been forever since I did a post so here is a basic update on everything!
Baby update: Well I am at the point now where I will start having my doctor's appointments every 2 weeks instead of 4! Wow-I feel like that is a big step!
Good news: I don't have gestational diabetes, my weight gain and growth is normal, baby's heart beat is good, no major swelling yet, and we are much closer to a name now! Shan also gave me a great baby shower a while ago which was so much fun! Boy stuff can be just as cute as girl stuff! Thanks Shan! (I still need to get the pictures from it though.)
Bad news: Still have pretty bad tailbone pain, always hungry, and still pretty cranky at night. Poor Cole-but he is doing a great job of putting up with me! I also get those Braxton Hicks contraction things all the time which was making me worried. But my doctor said as long as they are not painful and they go away when I sit down then it should be ok.


Update on Cole: Well Cole is finishing his last year at BYU and should graduate in April. Yesterday he took the GRE test for grad school! He did pretty good but may end up taking it again. In January he will start applying for graduate schools for the Marriage and Family Therapy program. Right now some of the top choices are Kansas State, Virginia Tech, and Auburn. There is a lot he is looking at like funding, masters and doctorate program opportunities, and also what the program will generally offer. So the plan as of right now is that sometime next summer we will be moving to a new state to start grad school. That is the extent of the plan right now-not sure what I will be doing regarding baby and teaching.

Our newest addition: We got rid of Cole's car (which we were very anxious to do) and have a new car! It was kind of scary because it was our first really big financial decision we have made together but we are very excited about it! It is a Kia Sorento. It has 4 wheel drive so Shan and I can travel the 30 min to our schools in the snow with somewhat more peace of mind for us and the husbands. It also will fit a car seat in the back very comfortably! Doesn't it look like a great family car!

Teaching: Teaching is going very well. Last week was the end of the term. (There are 4 in the year). So on Monday I will send home report cards. I am very nervous about this because I know I am going to get some angry parents calling surprised that their precious angels don't have top scores in everything. But with the start of the new term on Monday I am going to start implementing some more programs and management techniques. It takes most of my time and is so much work but I am really enjoying teaching. Although I have so much to learn and so much to improve on I feel like I have accomplished something I have worked so hard to do!

Murder Mystery Night: So my cousin got this murder mystery game like forever ago and has been wanted to play it for a really long time. So about a month ago we planned for this murder mystery night. It was at my grandparents house with all our cousins and spouses in the area.(except Cole-he was hunting!) He dropped off invitations at our houses with a specific character on it. We needed to come dressed as that part. Throughout the night at specific points we had to read more information about our character and about the other characters and talk about it with the rest of the group. Dinner was part of the night but our conversations had to be in character. We had to ask other characters questions and somehow come up with who we thought did the murder, how, and with what motive. It was really fun! Shan ended up being the murderer and she did a great job fooling the rest of us!

Left to Right: Daniel (genius guy who was a tease) Grandma (the owner of the mansion we were all at), Shanna (soccer mom-also the murderer), Matthew (mystery writer), Grandpa (successful business man), Me (neurosurgeon), Laura(maid), Paul (his game and he hosted it as the Butler), Scott (fisherman), Gen (movie star).

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love the update! You are so cute! Your belly is huge! Your car looks so nice . . . when we traded in my beater car for a new car we were nervous because now we have car payments, but it has been so worth it having a nice car to put Mylee in. I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

Andrea said...

Great update! You look so CUTE! I LOVE the belly. I so glad that things are going well with your pregnancy. And I love your new car.

Melissa said...

I am so glad that your pregnancy is going so well. You look absolutely FABULOUS!! Just remember as big and not cute as you feel, you look adorable!! I love your new Kia, very cute. Man, I wish one of Cole's schooling choices was out here in N. Carolina. It is so fun to move new places and meet more amazing people.

Julia and Cody said...

That all sounds so exciting. I'm glad you're doing well. You've been tagged. read my blog