Friday, August 24, 2007
TGIF
I am sooooo glad it is Friday!! I have survived my first week teaching and am very ready for the weekend. Things have gone pretty well. It is really nice not to be in school anymore and to have everything I am doing "for real". But along with that comes the pressure and responsibility of everything. I only have 24 students which is really nice but I definitely have some that will test my patience! My class room is finally starting to look better and be more functional. ( I will post pics later-there are still some things I want to put up and right now my name place is spelled wrong!) There is just so much to learn and hopefully I get better as I go along. Things that other teachers do automatically just take me so much more time because I am so less experienced. But I am really enjoying it and trying to put my everything into it. It is so rewarding to see your students either enjoy their learning or succeed at something difficult. The hard part is making them enjoy it and helping them succeed! I have a handful of students that I also student taught last year and it has been a big relief to have some of them in my class. That is a handful of student whose names I don't have to memorize. Also it is very comforting to see some of them in the halls and have them say, "Oh Mrs. Ratcliffe your back!" and "Mrs. Ratcliffe I wish I was in your class!" That always makes me feel good! The students are all so funny about me being pregnant. They are always giving me advice and stuff. They also want the baby to be the class pet for next semester!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of your classroom-you're a teacher for real now! Good luck with those pre-teens this year!
Oh fun!! I'm glad you like it! I'm sure you're a great teacher!
It is so exciting to read about your first week! I hope you haven't been feeling sick at all! I bet they love you!
I have been thinking about you for the past 2 weeks wondering how teaching is going. I can't wait to see pictures!!! I'm sure that all the boys have crushes on you. :) Are you having morning sickness at school?
Post a Comment