Jenna checked-in to her 38 week appointment this morning at 11:00am. We got right in and the doctor checked to see if Jenna had advanced from her 3 cm dilation from last week. Initially, the doctor said: "Yeah I think you are still a 3." Followed by: "Wait. No. You are actually a 4, maybe 5." After further examination (how far the had baby dropped, discussion of Jenna's history, etc.), she asked "do you want to have this baby today?"
We hadn't planned to have the baby early and intended on waiting until the baby came on her own. The doctor informed us we could certainly do that, however, we may not have much time to get to the hospital once labor started. She suggested Jenna was essentially in "latent labor" and that she would continue to contract until they became steady or her water broke-and when that happened there was a good chance we wouldn't make it to the hospital (let alone have an epidural) before the baby came. Her recommendation was that me went to the hospital shortly after we left her office.
We arrived at the hospital around 12:15pm. They broke Jenna's water at 12:40, quickly administered the epidural, and by shortly after 3:00pm, Jenna had dilated to a 10. Jenna held off with the serious pushing until the doctor arrived. Three decent pushes and our daughter was in our arms. Three and a half hours from check-in to baby isn't too bad (for those of you who haven't experienced childbirth, it was short, but far from painless). We prayed that labor and delivery would go smoothly with little complications. We are grateful the Lord has answered our prayers and blessed us with a healthy beautiful mom and daughter. We (Jenna, Cole, & Cade) are ecstatic about our new addition. Here are just a handful of pictures:
In case your wondering, we're still deciding on a spelling preference. Any suggestions? We've ruled out Riley-and anything with a "leigh"-let us know what you think!






















